Tips for Money Spells.
- Primary colours: gold and green.
- Primary numbers: 2, because it encapsulates the concept of doubling.
- Planets: Jupiter, because it’s the planet of good fortune; the moon, because it’s the planet of magic and fulfilled wishes; and Mercury, because the Roman god whose name it bears is involved with prosperity and finance.
Spells for financial growth, to increase money or business, should coincide with the waxing moon.
April 1st - April Fools’ Day
Rabbit, a trickster in the myths of cultures in North America and Africa (as well as modern myths such as Watership Down by Richard Adams), is particularly appropriate for this day. While Rabbit (as with any trickster) should be approached with care, he tends to be gentle in his lessons. Rabbit and his children are renowned for their fertility. While fertility is often taken literally, as pro-creation of various species, it can also mean more general growth. As spring is the beginning of the growing season in the Northern Hemisphere, it’s a great time for putting projects and endeavors into motion. When things go wrong, ask the trickster for tips on creative solutions:
Rabbit, Rabbit, as you run
Stop a moment by my fire
To teach, to show, and to inspire
Some fertile growth (and a lot of fun!)
Spring Weather Spells.
- Blow powdered rosemary into a West wind to call a new love into your life.
- Toss flowers into a West wind to bring peace and harmony into your home.
- Blow powdered rue into an East wind to make your employer more appreciative of all the hard work you do.
- Blow glitter into a South wind for assistance in getting a raise or bonus from your employer.
- Whisper a message to a distant loved one into an East wind and follow it with some good old-fashioned bubble blowing to carry it cheerily on its way.
- Face down a roaring North wind to instill courage and strength. Shout into it your intention to remain standing long after it’s gone, then follow through.
- Blow cinnamon or damiana into a South wind to encourage passion and lustiness. <>br>
- Toss clumps of moist earth into a North wind to ground yourself when you feel frazzled.
- Blow powdered dill into a North wind to protect your home or yourself.
- Tie small bells onto the frame of open windows to bring the wind’s blessings and protection into your home. Or, use traditional wind chimes charged to this end. Seal the intent as you hang them, with words such as:
Charms that tinkle in the wind,
I seek protection as my goal’s end;
wind that causes your music to play,
blesses this home by night and day.
- To increase your psychic powers, place a single drop of lilac or sandalwood oil on the center of your forehead and on the palms of both hands. Stand facing a West wind, holding out your arms to embrace it. Visualize your psychic powers strengthening, and experiment with trying to receive psychic impressions from distant times and places. Keep this up until the wind ceases or changes directions.
- Help yourself get a restful night’s sleep by anointing yourself with lavender oil on an evening when the wind is blowing from the Northwest.
- To instill in yourself a passion for learning, or to boost your interest in a subject you are finding tedious or hard to learn, try studying when the wind is blowing from the Southeast. You might also want to blow some rosemary into the wind while visualizing your goal.
- Blow skullcap, daisies, or chickweed into a Northeast wind with the assistance of your domestic partner to strengthen the promise of fidelity that binds you.
- Blow a blend of rosemary and nutmeg into a Northeast wind to gain clarity of thought or to help you find a solution to a problem.
- Induce prophetic dreams by blowing jasmine into a West or Northwest wind.
- With a friend, blow sweet pea or turmeric, or toss small carnelian stones into a Northeast wind to strengthen your bond with one another. Carnelians are usually a rich orange colour, and orange is associated with the energy of attracting friends.
- Shout your frustrations about any recent discord into a Southwest wind, then toss sugar into the wind to help bring an end to an argument or ongoing friction between you and someone about whom you care deeply.
- Plant herbs or flowers in your magickal garden when the breeze blows from the South to ensure they grow to their full magickal potency.
- Make love in a Northwest wind to increase fertility.
- Blow yarrow and orris root powder into a West wind to call a lasting love into your life or to strengthen the feelings of love with your current partner.
* Use both caution and common sense when experimenting with wind magick.
- Ostara: Customs, Spells & Rituals for the Rites of Spring by Edain McCoy.